life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Sunday, August 28, 2005

enough with the dry spells

I seem to have these dry spells that unfortunately last far longer than my productive times. And it wearies me that I seemingly have lost that blissful catharsis that accompanies writing for me. And I realize that lack of time and too much work can only serve as a petty excuse; after all, if we lose ourselves, how much life do we truly have left? And I do honestly believe that over the years, my writing has kept me in touch and alive within myself.
So, no more worries about what to write or how it will sound. I must return to my roots and allow my soul the freedom to sing and cry, laugh and shout, love and live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home