life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Thursday, December 29, 2005

my gratitude to you

I often find myself thinking of how grateful I am for all of my friends in the world of blogging. The words of encouragement, the comments of support, and the many, many blogs of yours that serve as my daily inspiration…for all of this, I thank you. I thank each of you for taking me into your own personal journeys of inspiration and despair, heartaches and loneliness, happiness and elation. I thank you for offering a piece of yourself to be shared and for allowing me to share a small piece of your journey with you. There are many who have touched my heart.

To Baylor: My oldest, and most cherished, blogging friend. You introduced me to this world of kinship, and for that, I am forever grateful. Without you, my words would probably still be failing. Thank you for your encouragement, support, and most of all, your love. It has persisted through the good and bad, over many years of memories. May there be many more memories to come. I love you!

To Jessi: What a kindred spirit you are to me! Your writing is a constant reminder that my journey is not taken alone. As we walk along parallel paths, I think of you and Anu walking through the freshly falling snow and know that my own walk by the river is not so different. Perhaps one day we shall share steaming mugs of coffee and the celebration that we have survived, and succeeded. Lots of love to you!

To Amy: I found you while randomly browsing blogs, but what a gift your friendship has become. Your strength and courage, your honesty and openness, continue to serve as a beacon of light even in the darkest moments. Continue on, dear friend, and know that your journey shall never be taken alone.

To Wenda: You serve as my daily reminder of the importance of writing. Even when the words seem to fail, there is always something within us that begs to be let free. Your persistence and dedication are a continuous source of guidance. May your words continue to flow and your heart be filled with joy.

To Sky: My gratitude to you extends far beyond the world of blogging. You have been my rock, my fortress, my saving grace. My own words have formed over the years through the threads of creativity you have passed on to me. Through the kinship of blood and spirit, we have shared, and will continue to share, a bond that cannot be touched. I love you more than all the words written by all the bloggers in the world!

To Jeff: How grateful I am that our paths have once again crossed! Your words hold an exquisite and pure beauty unknown to many. What a treasure it is to read your messages of wisdom. What an honor to be allowed to share in your journey. For the inspiration you give, I am always grateful.

To Camel: Though you are my newest blog friend, I feel a connection to you that I hope continues to grow throughout the new year. I admire the raw and honest quality of your words…you are not alone in your feelings, though your courage and truth are far greater than most. May your words continue to inspire my own honesty, and may I offer you some inspiration as well…

To Baba: Without your patience and respect, I would never be able to indulge myself in the world of writing. Your constant words of support and encouragement allow my own words to flow with freedom and honesty. May both our spirits continue to grow in creative expression and may we always nurture the creativity of our souls. I love you!

To Mama Grace: My most avid reader and my biggest fan, you are the reason for my existence. You have nurtured me through years of happiness and pain, endured the emotional roller-coaster ride of my days. You have allowed me to write the words I could not say, to speak a truth deeper than what we choose to show the world. Through all of my journeys, I carry you with me. Your name says it all…my mama of grace!

To Annalise, Natasjia, Tammy, and Gillian: Each of you brings a unique piece of inspiration to me. From your tales of life in the “deep south” to your journeys in a city of international romance, from your remembrances of the importance of stillness to your sharing of the beauty of miracles….you have each touched my life, and my heart.

To all of you: May we all continue to share our journeys and know that we do not walk alone. Not in front, nor behind, may we all walk side by side.

8 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Dana said...

No we do not walk alone. I love you more than I could ever put into words.

Soul mates forever.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger ami said...

To Tara: Your comments always put a smile on my face and inspire me to push myself harder. Your blog inspires me to keep writing, which is the creative outlet I need since I can't play music yet. Thank you for being there for me! I hope I can return the favor.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Jessie said...

Tara, the feeling is mutual--absolutely. It's been so long since I've felt really connected to anyone that I forgot how good it feels.

Through your writing I see someone who is open and loving--and who cares about the people in her life deeply. You are a genuine soul--and I'm glad we've run across each other.

I too hope to have long talks over steaming mugs of coffee with you someday! In the meantime, I'm thinking of you often and am grateful every day for your words, our friendship, and the comfort that it brings.

yr kindred sister,
j.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger daringtowrite said...

I'm not sure I can put into words today how I feel about this miracle of having connected with you through Baylor's blog, which I found through Gillian's blog which I knew about through Gillian's Mom, who I met at a journal writing workshop almost five years ago. Awed and grateful fit the best I think. Your writing guides me, too.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Your writing inspires me to keep going and to grow in writing. You are a true talent and gift to my life!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Sky said...

I remember you sitting on top of a haystack in a field close to your grandparents' home, waiting for me to arrive, so precious in your animated glee when seeing me come around the corner! I remember your essay on the person you most admired - and how proud I was that it was me! I remember your young voice singing hymns when we buried a few of my goldfish one holiday; the funeral you helped me plan, the sticks which you used to make the cross. I remember so much about your loving heart, your precious innoncence, your affection, and your trust. I am so thankful you and I share history and genes. You are my favorite DNA!

You make such a difference in the lives of so many. Your creativity in art, music, dance, and writing have only enhanced the academic success you continue to enjoy. Your abilities to shine in so many arenas have never affected your modesty or caused you to be self concerned. Your heart is full and open to so many.

I am proud of the courage you show as you look straight into the eyes of challenge with strength and determination. Even when the journey has been hard you persevere.

My love for you cannot be expressed in terms which "contain" it or hold it to specific measure, so I will say that it is infinite in size and depth, with no boundaries. Imagine it looping out there in the universe, always around you. Happy New Year, love!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger georgiacoast said...

Thank You Tara....That really means a lot. I've been smiling ever since reading that post. Thank you so much.....

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Camel said...

Thank you Tara, what can I say? I'm absolutely touched.

I love reading your blog because you write so eloquently the things that I wish to write about, the beauty in this world, but that are overshadowed by my desperate need to see my conflicts in print so that I cannot deny they are a part of me.

I look forward to reading your blog as a reminder of the beauty in even the most everyday of things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home