life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Sunday, December 04, 2005

a spirit lifted

The motivation has returned. Though not in its entirety, it has been enough to keep me hopeful and focused. It is now 11 more days, and yet I have already experienced another fresh breath of sanity. Maybe it’s the magic of the holidays…the twinkling lights that have lit up my spirit much like the houses they adorn. Maybe it’s the comfort of my mama’s words…the warmth of her voice traveling across so many miles to soothe my fears. Maybe it’s the reassurance from friends…the comments of encouragement from kindred spirits near and not so near. Maybe it’s my own belief in myself…the result of my arduous journey to find happiness within. Quite likely…it’s a little piece of it all. Regardless the reason, the results have been refreshing. 3 more papers have dwindled to 1. The tree is now dressed in glittering orbs and childhood relics, the gifts lovingly wrapped and piled beneath it. The pager has been put to rest for another 5 days. And though the Christmas cards still wait to be filled with messages of love, though the classes and labs and finals still remain…I have managed to find a sense of peace and relief in the midst of the journey.

4 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger Jessie said...

well said. thanks for putting things in perspective.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger the twenty-something said...

Glad to hear that things are calming down a bit for you. School can be such a huge pain some days. As for your suggestion about sending each other writing topics, I'm all for it. I have long been trying to convince my boyfriend to supply me with ideas, but he's a little out there and likes to suggest things that make no logical sense whatsoever. "Okay, hun...mmhmm, sure," I say, and continue to sit and stare at the whiteness that is nothing written. Since I'd hate to take up all your comment space, just feel free to send me an email at littleitaly24@hotmail.com or find me on AIM at insomiannalise. - Annalise

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger ami said...

hey tara, thanks for the comments, they always put a smile on my face.

as each semester draws to a close, i remind myself: no matter how much work lies between now and finals, it will be over soon!

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Sky said...

Honey, your energy and accomplishments make me feel lazy! My weekend was a movie, 2 naps, a dinner out, and some giggles and playtime with Mr. Wonderful...moments all needed following the emotional drain of the past week.

Perhaps I can get half of what you have just done in 2 days completed during the next 7! Wanna fly out and add me to your list of things to do?! :)) Oh, to be in my twenties again - young, beautiful, energetic, and able to go full speed!

You are such a success already - academically, personally, and creatively. Your talents overflow the cup as you push yourself further, brimming with wisdom and feeling, an inner life finding expression through intellectual challenges, art, music, and poetry.

I am so glad we share our lives in the intimate way we do, my special one. It was a great surprise to find you online last night - a few moments of unexpected love in the middle of the night. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home