life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Sunday, September 25, 2005

lost in a memory

So often it seems that memories bring with them feelings of sadness and longing for what once was. But today a surge of memories brought me not only a sense of calm remembrance, but a blissfully refreshing sense of spirit.
I was driving down the road, trying to clear my mind from the overwhelming chaos of life. Then I heard it...a song, the song. You know that one song that can lift your spirit no matter what the circumstances...that one song that makes you throw out all your fears or sadnesses with complete abandon...and makes you forget everything but the goodness and beauty in the world. It was that song for me. And I allowed myself to become lost in it...my mind drifting backwards to a time when beauty was all I allowed myself to know.
And away my mind drifted, to a world full of memories that brought with them such sheer happiness that I found myself embracing the memories and inviting even more. My mind drifting...to a place so far away, and yet so close...to an open road surrounded by mountains and hills....then the arid purity of the desert stretching for endless miles....then the warm greeting of the familiar Atlantic. What an incredible journey...one that will live on in my memories forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home