life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Sunday, October 30, 2005

commitment

I’ve suddenly been faced with the realization that I must slow down my life. It’s sad in a way that it took a hospitalization and almost two weeks of being bedridden for me to come to this glaringly obvious realization. After all, people have been telling me this for months. But for those of you who know me, you know how stubborn I am. However, I have now been left with no other choice. It’s either slow down or lose it all.
The preacher in church this morning was talking about commitments…commitments to relationships, commitments to our bodies and minds, commitments to living an abundant life. While sitting in that majestically beautiful sanctuary, listening to the deep and knowing voice of a stranger, I realized that my life has become only a series of motions, and recently even the motions have disappeared. So I decided this morning, in the midst of all that beauty and glory and amazing comfort, that not only must I relearn to live, I must also learn to live a life of abundance. I must allow myself to live a life filled with joy and happiness, fun and laughter, relaxation and peace. And only once I arrive in that place will I be able to also live a life filled with success and productivity.
So thanks to some of the worst weeks of my life, the kind voice of a stranger, and the miracle of God….I now have my commitments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home