life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Friday, October 07, 2005

hard rain

The rain came down hard today, and too many people were soaked to the bone. Struggling to stay above water, a few went under, but thankfully came back up.

It was one of those days that danger and tragedy came too close for comfort. A day that hid its blessing under torrents of pouring rain and black skies. A day that proved that someone was watching over us all, and a day that revealed the presence of miracles. And yet, even with miracles, or perhaps because of them, I have been left feeling like my emotions have exhausted themselves with the old rainwater running through the gutters outside my window. And like the water running through the gutter til it is expelled on the hard ground, I feel my own emotions flowing rapidly, bracing themselves for the hard ground I fear I'll find at the end.

But who knows? Maybe tomorrow the sun will shine.

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Dana said...

This is a brilliantly written entry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home