life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

struggling for inspiration

It seems that recently my life has been so consumed with schoolwork that my creativity has gone into hiding. And since I am determined not to write another entry on the stresses that accompany my academic life, I decided to do something a little different. Many of you with whom I communicate on here know little about me, lest what I reveal through my writings. And so I have chosen to do a sort of self-survey with a three-fold purpose. First, you will begin to learn more about who I am. Second, this little survey might potentially spark some hidden ember of my creativity. And lastly, for those of you who have been struggling with similar issues related to school vs. creativity, maybe it will spark some hidden facet of you as well. And please feel free to post your own responses, as I would love to learn more about each of you.

1. What brings you comfort?

ceramic mugs of steaming coffee, snuggling by a fireplace, hot baths, letters from old friends, pictures of my childhood, knitting a new scarf, my fuzzy black legwarmers, my Bed Buddy, the sight and smell of the ocean, puppy kisses, crying during sad movies, really good quotes, memories, sharing experiences with kindred spirits

2. What is one quote that has left a profound impact on your life?

“What you fear most has already happened.” - Annie G. Rogers, Ph.D.

3. What are three things on your life-list (list of things you want to do in this lifetime)?

publish a book, make a quilt, travel to italy

I intended to write a much longer list, but have found that my current exhaustion has limited my ability to even think in a coherent manner at this point. So much for my hopes of resulting inspiration…maybe tomorrow will reveal a refreshed mind, body, and spirit. Until then…

4 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Jessie said...

Very cool. I think I'll make my own list too. I stopped reading yours about half way through #1 though. Our answers are so similar I was afraid I wouldn't be able to think for myself! :)- Anyway, it feels good to take a detour away from end-of-the-semester stress.

And your poem, "Open Country," it makes me very hungry for an adventure.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger ami said...

I filled out the survey on my blog. I hope you don't mind, but I added your blog to my list of friends. I enjoy reading what you write and I think others would too. :)

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger the divine miss b said...

:-) thanks for the questions. very good starting points.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Haley said...

thanks for the kind words on my blog. I am on my way out..but i plan on returning to take a peek at what you're all about.

Haley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home