life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Saturday, January 07, 2006

awakening

The past few weeks have been an ongoing series of excitements and anticipations, a hasty creation of festive chaos and celebrations. With the endings and beginnings brought by the new year, I find myself walking a precarious balance between relaxation and restlessness. A fine line of teaching myself to calm down and allowing myself the luxury of peaceful rest has begun the battle against the need to reactivate my mind and body, urging it onwards towards the responsibilities hovering beyond the nearest corner. The exhilaration of the holidays is quickly receding, with reality’s anxious dread taking its place. The daily chores of existence are calling and I must awaken from fantasy’s slumber.

2 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger Jessie said...

This tug and pull between relaxation and motivation is confusing. I still haven't figured out which I'm trying to do. Uh--and it's so sad to think that very soon relaxation won't much of an option.

Well, here's to finding a balance in the coming semester--and to getting started on the right foot.

Good luck! :)

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. It means so much to be able to touch another person with my life experience. It's like paying it forward :)

Bless you my friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home