life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Thursday, January 12, 2006

beautiful chaos

Apparently, I spoke too soon of experiencing a calm sense of contentment. For today, I found myself swept up in the whirlwind encircling me. However, I am not suggesting a current state of discontent, only a revival of the chaos that had temporarily gone into hiding. I suppose what I am beginning to discover is that chaos is not always the enemy. In a rare form, chaos can be both beautiful and fulfilling. After all, isn’t that what propelled me into this field in the first place? A daily routine that can barely be characterized as routine at all, instead comprised of changing environments and changing interactions on a moment to moment basis. I’ve never done well if I stick with one particular thing for too long a time. Boredom easily takes over and I find myself wanting something new, different, exciting. And in essence, chaos is the mixture of newness and diversity and excitement. It is the combination of so much occurring at once, the culmination of various facets of life tumbling together into one specific piece of time. And so, ultimately, the prominent portion of my days is spent amidst the whirlwind of chaos. And yet I look around me, and through the rapidly swirling layers of body, mind, and soul, what I find is beauty. In the middle of this whirlwind, my life is the epitome of beautiful chaos.

3 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger georgiacoast said...

If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living. That's my philosophy. Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken for us to be truly happy. Lichtenberg said " I cannot say whether things will get better if we change, what I can say is they must change if they are to get better." Chaos is necessary Tara...Relish it and rest happy knowing that change and the chaos that accompanies it makes us who we are....Jeff.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Dana said...

Damn, can we hire him?

xoxo to you both!!!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger TJ said...

You are such a good writer....
beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home