life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Friday, January 13, 2006

salvation of sleep

I have so many things that need to be done. Chapters to be read, clothes to be laundered, the language of Rorschach to be learned. And yet, I have decided to not do any of it. At least not at the moment. Instead, I have decided to allow myself the luxury of an afternoon nap, the pure bliss of snuggling underneath my corduroy comforter and listening to the rain pelt the tin gutters outside my window. I have chosen to drift off to sleep with the memory of the darkening smoky gray clouds bringing their introduction of a fresh chill in the air. If I had a fireplace, I would light a fire (despite the unseasonable warmth) and lounge next to it with a good book. If I had a bay window overlooking Nature’s creations, I would sit and write to my heart’s content. With the absence of both, I still might curl up and read the inspiring words of someone’s ancient brilliance or I might search the memories of my mind as inspiration for a few hours of writing. But first, I will allow the beckoning of sleep to seduce me and relish the salvation of its luxury.

5 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger georgiacoast said...

That sounds pretty nice. You described heaven perfectly!

(now go study)...Just Kidding, enjoy the rain-shower.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger daringtowrite said...

You leave me tempted to climb into my own cozy bed. Thanks for the temptation.

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger V said...

Ahh, the Rorschach, that most powerful of tests!
V

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Sleep well, dream often!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Camel said...

Sigh. I know exactly what you mean...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home