life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Poetry Thursday - "moving day"

I know it’s time to post more poetry, but as I am in the midst of moving, all my poetry books are packed. I considered just skipping this week due to all the chaos, but alas, I cannot stay away. I must put something out there into this world today; I must offer something to you…something from me. And so here I go…writing some random, free form of poetry as it comes to me now, in this moment…

not even noon
sun blazing afire
from the cotton candy
blue of sky.

chilled in the shadows
a tinge of nerves
and the exhilaration
of new beginnings.

brown cardboard boxes
carried out and in
the path of hope
growing with each step.

chaotic complexity
of the impending day
broken over hot coffee
and good conversation.

cans of paint
quiet storm blue and
perfect white
creating a canvas of home.

the time has come
body moving, soul moving
trying to find balance
in a new era of life.

13 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Jessie said...

Oh wow Tara--that poem captures something that you will remember for the rest of your life. That's the best poem that I've read in a very very long time because it feels so absolutely present.

Congratulations on your new place!!!! I'm sending you lots of love.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger meghan said...

off the top of your head?! gadzooks woman, that was beautiful! I hope tha move goes well & that you have a wonderful time building your nest! I'll write more soon!! Love, meg xoxo

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Somnambulist Seeker said...

Blessings as you head into this new space of possibility. :-)

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Jennifer S. said...

Just beautiful! I think sometimes those things brewing in our souls and not forced are what is meant for the page...

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Sky said...

Happy life-making in your new home!

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

love this...your words are incredible. the stream of consciousness has created a snapshot into this moment in your life.

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Susannah Conway said...

'a new era of life' - what a beautiful poem, took me right into your moment. thank you for sharing - and for your Real Life posting- i was so moved to read about your life, and enjoy your blog so much, i thought it was about time i popped in and said hello ~ hello :-)
Sx

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

What a great poem. Glad you didn't bow out this week:)

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Belle said...

That was time worth taking. Nice poem. Best wishes on your move.

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl what a beautiful poem, I love it!

Congrats on the new home!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Woohoo! I loved that you wrote one this week. It made me look forward to moving next year!

XXXOOO

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger ami said...

I love it! I'm also getting ready to move in a little over a month, and although it's just from one college rental to another, I'm hoping it will bring me that same sort of "balance in a new era of life."

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger V said...

Perfect!
V

 

Post a Comment

<< Home