life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Sunday Scribblings - What would you attempt...


What would you attempt if you knew you would not fail?

I’d climb mountains,
on native soil, in foreign lands.
I’d write a book,
or five or twenty.
I’d adopt a house full,
of orphaned kids, of abandoned pets.
I’d paint a masterpiece,
all profits for charity.
I’d stand on a stage,
song bellowing from my soul.
I’d travel the world,
speaking a universal language of love.
I’d speak to my grandfather,
from a heart full of compassion.
I’d counsel death-row inmates,
believing in the hope of salvation.
I’d make a quilt,
each piece a symbol of my life.
I’d plant a garden,
of vibrant flowers, of succulent vegetables.
I’d learn to fly a plane,
strapping my mama in beside me.
I’d speak to adolescent girls,
of the beauty and strength of women.
I’d live alone for a month,
with Nature as my sole companion.
I’d say “I love you”
to those who deeply touch my soul.
I’d live every moment
as if it were my last.



**Picture from alaskayachtcharter.net***

19 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger Sky said...

I am sure you CAN do some of these already without failing! :)

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger GoGo said...

I second that. I know I want to fly a plane too.

 
At 5:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see you doing all these things during your life at some point! And you know what? I don't see you failing at any of them! Check out my Demons of the imagination post for some tools to defet the monsters than keep us small.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Buffy said...

I love this post.

I'm gonna have to sit down and do my own list...just to 'see'.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger TJ said...

So inspiring! Thank you for reminding.
Hugs
TJ

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger meghan said...

This is an amazing list!!!!! I can see you doing every single one of these things.

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are each something you can accomplish without a thought. I love the ideas behind each and everyone. Glad to have met ya via this format!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Laini Taylor said...

Tara Dawn, so much on your lovely list IS attainable, and you're a young woman so brimming with positive energy I'm sure you will achieve so much in your life, and do so much for so many people! I'm so glad you posted in Sunday Scribblings!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Jessie said...

It IS quite possible that you CAN do ALL of these things withOUT failing--I'm sure of it! Not to mention, you are a very generous woman.

btw, you make me want to sing, to BELLOW from the SOUL! And if you ever adopt a houseful of orphaned kids or animals, call me...I'll come help you take care of them! :)

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was great. I especially stopped at this one:

I’d counsel death-row inmates,
believing in the hope of salvation.

It made me wonder what part you thought you would fail it in reality, the counselling part, or the believing in the hope of salvation part.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger emmapeelDallas said...

Wow, that's beautiful. I see why Tammy says your writing is magical.

Judi

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Cate said...

This is fabulous!! I adore the poem format, but I esp. love the second half of each sentence, where you elaborate (i.e. not just speaking to your grandfather, but also with compassion). My favorite was the one about talking to adolescent girls (SO IMPORTANT) ... oh, but I like the thought of living alone for a month, too.

I hope that you try to achieve each and every one of these things--and keep us posted!

I'm SO glad Sunday Scribblings brought me here!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

You can do anything you want! This is a great list!

I love you!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger V said...

That`s a lot of stuff!
V

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...and the world needs you to do so many of these things. Like Cate, I loved the rhythm of this...the "what" you want to do, and then the "why".

This was so incredibly inspirational. Thank you for sharing.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger HoBess said...

The depth of your generosity is awe inspiring. You've done an amazing job of thinking what you would do for yourself as well as for so many others. Look ... you're already making the exchange happening! Have a beautiful day.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Jennifer S. said...

You are a kindred spirit. Love your answers, every one!

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger gkgirl said...

this is awesome...
love how you wrote it
and what you wrote
:)

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger V said...

Great choices!
V

 

Post a Comment

<< Home