life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Saturday, March 18, 2006

creativity exchange

So many of you have written, at some point, about your own “creative space”. I think it is so important for all of us to have such a space, a place that is ours alone, a place that fosters our creativity. Whether it be a room, or a corner of room, this “space” is essential for all of us. And so I have decided that I must create this “space” in my new home. Though my big move is still a few weeks away, I am already planning and creating in my mind. As I was thinking about inspirational pieces and mementos that I would like to adorn my “space”, I realized that so much of my inspiration comes from so many of you. The words, the sketches, the collages, the paintings, the postcards, the journal clippings…they all inspire me. These beautiful pieces of each of you cause me to think more, to feel more, and to create more myself. And so, I am wondering if any of you would be interested in participating in a creativity exchange. Whether it is an original piece of poetry or prose, a beloved quote, a picture of yourself, a tiny drawing or collage or painting…anything that is a symbol of you, and the roaring creativity that lives within you. If any of you are interested in exchanging personal pieces of creativity with each other, please send me an email and I will be happy to compose a list of names and addresses to send out to all.
May our creativity continue to bloom and grow, and may we find daily inspiration to continue nourishing this creativity!

My email is: taradawn80@yahoo.com

16 Comments:

At 3:28 AM, Blogger meghan said...

GOOD IDEA!! I'm IN! (Wait... just ONE piece?! That could be tricky...) xo Would it be postal or emailed?

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger V said...

,,,,,,,,May our creativity continue to bloom and grow, and may we find daily inspiration to continue nourishing this creativity!,,,,,,,,
Perfect!
V

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

I LOVE this idea. Would the piece be "copied" and sent to all or would it be a one on one piece exchange?

Count me in, either way.

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger tara dawn said...

Megg - I'm thinking postal, if that's alright with everyone...just allows it to be more authentic.
V - Thanks for the comment, as always!
Thea - Your choice. I figured I would probably do separate, original things for each...just let my intuition and creativity guide me...but the same for all could work too.
I'm so excited about this...be sure to email me!
Love to all,
TD

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Tara, I have a new program I can play with to create something. I must figure it out first. LOL I'll call Monday and we can chat. :)

Hugs
Tammy

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Alex S said...

I :LOVE this idea! I'm in and will email you! And you are right. We do need our creative cocoons and i look forward to seeing yours! I'm just starting to work on mine too and we'll have to exchange photos!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger ~A4O~ said...

I love the idea. I'm always writing and wrote my first book of poetry in 2004. It's something for me that will stand against the hands of time forever. All the questions, reasons, why's and so on are in the book. I would like to contribute it to your brewing idea. I'm currently apart of the "The Great Poetry Exchange." Basically you email your address to the website owner and he randomly selects whose book your getting and where your sending you book. I recieved one from a gal in TX and I had to send mine to a lady in England. She actually just recieved the book and sent me a post card. It doesn't have to be all books though. It can be art, a gift, a favorite book, a favorite movie, something you want to give. Anyways, you'll think of something and it'll be great, Mike...

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger daringtowrite said...

I love the idea though I'm committed to reducing material possessions so will continue to bring all your creativity into my space through this computer. Good luck with the creativity exchange by post.

Also, thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog. It was so good to hear from you.

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger Jessie said...

Yes! That would be very cool. I'll send you an e-mail later today. :)
luv,
j.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger georgiacoast said...

I'm in.....Let me know the details when they are finalized.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

Count me in too! Can´t wait to see all the creativity that comes out of this! Great idea!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger gkgirl said...

yayyyyyyyy!
this sounds like sooo much fun...
i am so in
:)
and will email you the
nittygrittydetails
:)

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger tara dawn said...

I am thrilled by everyone's enthusiasm. Be sure to email me if you want to participate so that I can send out an email to all with pertinent information.
I'm so excited about this...soon our creative spirits will be inspiring each other more than ever!
Love to all,
TD

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

oh this is great...i am so behind on reading blogs that i am just learning about this (thanks to meg!)
i will be sending an email to particpate!
thank you for the inspiration!

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH Count me in too!!!

My email address is krista at the silent k dot com.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger :: creative brand strategies :: demand generation :: said...

Oh me too. I hope you join in on my project as well! It's an ATC project online. Good to "meet" you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home