life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Poetry Thursday - "only us and wind and fire"

~only us and wind and fire~

The road goes on, and I am reminded
of days when time knew no boundaries
of nights when passion carried us
across miles and wind and fire.
Your gentle touch of masculinity
set my body blazing with desire
beyond chemistry or sparks.
We made love with just our fingertips
tenderly touching, finger to finger,
years unfolded and two lost souls
found knowledge and wisdom in the other.
And now I think of you, of me,
the unexplainable unity of us.
The tears fall in streams of grief and loss,
knowing that not one day
shall ever pass us by
without you seeing my face in the clouds,
me hearing your voice in the wind
memories of your fingertips brushing mine
and the world fading away.
Only us and wind and fire.

I know the assignment was to take myself on a field trip and find inspiration in a bookstore. But I have found my inspiration elsewhere this week. This poem holds so much emotion and intensity for me. I could not help but to share it.

6 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Blogger Susannah Conway said...

beautiful Tara, the passion and love is blazing on my monitor right now - that was so lovely, as only you could put into words, your words are a joy - thank you
Sx

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

This gave me goosebumps.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger meghan said...

this was so strong and powerful. Beautiful, my friend. just like you!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Jennifer Valentine Morford said...

Thank you for your passionate and intense words...I got carried away in the moment. Incredible!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Wow, my computer is smoking and I'm sitting here thinking how so few ever get to experience this kind of passion. Beautifully written :)

Much love

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger V said...

Beautiful, Tara.
Hugs,
V

 

Post a Comment

<< Home