life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

things that make me happy


These purple irises are simply beautiful! As my dear boyfriend cooked a delicious dinner of orange chicken, asian noodles, and various peppers stir-fried to perfection, two of my best girlfriends arrived. These lovely flowers were a gift from one of them...a heartfelt gesture to brighten my days and lift my spirits. After dinner, we indulged in a succulent strawberry shortcake for dessert and settled into the plush couches to finish watching American Idol and House. This seemingly simple night was just what I needed...delicious food, wonderful company, and these stunning purple irises!

9 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger Jessie said...

I'm glad you have beautiful irises to brighten your day. You've had a LOT going on in your life these past several weeks. Be kind to yourself. I'm sending love and a hug. Hang in there!

luv,
j.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Jennifer S. said...

Good frieds! And good boyfriend! Cheers and a smile.

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

That sounds so nice.

Glad you are surrounded by people who love you so.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Those flowers are beautiful, a perfect background to your lovely evening. I adore flowers and just looking at them has me aching to grab my camera, jump on my bike, and spend the morning soaking up all those beautiful spring flowers!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I agree with Jessie, you really needed a simple relaxing evening surround by people who love you.
Things can only get better from here :)

Sending love and hugs,
Tammy

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Susannah Conway said...

It's the simple things that make our hearts smile isn't it? sending you *lots* of love, lovely girl
Sx

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger meghan said...

SIGH! What a lovely evening. There is nothing better than thoughtful friends, love, and great food! I'm so glad you had such a replenishing night!! love xoxo

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Dana said...

I wish I could have been there with ya'll! Glad things are better! xoxo

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Dana said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home