life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Friday, April 21, 2006

Ten Beans to Spill

I was tagged by Megg. So here are my…

Ten Beans to Spill

1. The week of my birthday is one of my favorite times of the year. I do the daily countdown starting approximately 3 weeks before the big day. My best girlfriend’s birthday is the day after mine and my best guy friend’s birthday is the day after hers…so we get 3 whole days of celebration!

2. I eat something sweet after every meal, even if it is only a bite of a cookie.

3. I feel most spiritual when I am surrounded by nature (whether it be the ocean, the mountains, or the desert).

4. I have a full-blown phobia of vomiting.

5. I only drink alcohol approximately once every one to two months, and usually only one glass of wine then (primarily due to my chronic stomach problems…which leads me to…

6. I have chronic stomach problems that began at the age of 14 and have continued on an almost daily basis since that time.

7. I once stood on a table in the Bahamas and sang “Dixie” to a crowd of guys as a way to get Mardi Gras beads (after refusing to show my boobies).

8. I really suck at cooking, cleaning, and sewing (though I enjoy trying to sew…and I did just make a seat cushion and throw pillows for my bay window reading nook in the new house:)

9. One of my favorite pastimes in college was riding 4-wheelers through cotton fields on Sunday nights, clinging tightly to the waists of some very beautiful, southern frat boys.

10. I knew my ex-husband for a total of 2 months before we got married (thank God for life lessons)!

9 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I, too, feel most spiritual when I'm surrounded by nature. I love gardening, love it, and I believe that I'm closest to God when I'm out amongst those beautiful flowers, my hands covered with dirt.

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger meghan said...

hi!

these are fantastic answers! I loved learning more about younger you and you now. I'm going outside as soon as I write this & will think of you surrounded by nature too - and when I come back I promise a long email!! xoxox

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger TJ said...

Big Helloooo
Getting to know you is always a treat!
I am smiling.
Hugs TJ

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Cate said...

Such a fabulous list. It was fun learning more about you! I loved the image of your bay window in #8, adorned with the seat cushion and throw pillows you created! My favorite, however, was #9--you told a story with the poetry of that sentence--I was THERE!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I love the visual of you standing on the table belting out "Dixie." I hope finals go well :)

Love,
Tammy

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Alex S said...

What wonderful windows into the one and only Tara! And don't worry much about the cooking, cleaning, sewing- I share that with you! I still owe you a care package!!! I haven't forgotten, just been occupied! Missing you and sending you a hug!

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The vomiting thing is my nemesis as well. It goes hand in hand with my OCD. I loved this one!

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger GoGo said...

I totally relate to the vomiting phobia. Not a favorite of mine either!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Dana said...

I love that I can be part of some of these memories. I totally forgot about the Dixie thing. So funny! I love you! We could start celebrating our birthdays now...haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home