life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Poetry Thursday - "footprints"

I’ve searched for over an hour now for the perfect poem to post...that one poem that speaks the words that need to be heard, that one poem that frees the emotions and sends a message of hope across thousands of miles and a timeless ocean. The poem I have searched for so desperately could not be found. Only after an hour of searching did I realize that I could not find this poem because this poem still lived within me. The connection of words, the release of pain, the imparting of kinship...the creation of my own soul that must now be drafted and sent out into this world.

**dedicated to Susannah, with love and hope**

footsteps

footsteps
carry us
down broken paths
under skies
of stormy gray
ebony nights
of restless fears
the ocean’s swells
pulling us further
and further from shore

footsteps
carry us
into gardens of light
under rays
of golden bliss
fragile dawns
of belief
of hope
the rainbow’s edge
greets us
at the foot of our beds

footsteps
carry us
on life’s journeys
of pain and pleasure
to depths of darkness
to majestic heights

footsteps
guide us
across miles
and oceans
down alleyways
into fields
where our footsteps
meet each other
where we
no longer walk alone

6 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Susannah Conway said...

My heart actually skipped a beat when i read that ~ I really don't know what to say... i'm humbled by the sweet generosity you have shown me today. you are an old soul, a beautiful face, a kind heart, an angelic inspiration ~ *thank you* ~ i'm going to be looking for the rainbow at the foot of my bed tonight.... Sxx

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger gkgirl said...

such a sweet offering.

:)

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Jessie said...

"Only after an hour of searching did I realize that I could not find this poem because this poem still lived within me."--that is a very lovely thought...and I will remember this. sometimes we search and search and search for something, and the only reason we can't find it, is because we forgot to look within.

It is a beautiful poem Tara--and filled with love. I am often amazed by you.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Jennifer S. said...

just beautiful!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

even though my eyes fill with tears, these words fill my heart with joy and hope. just what i needed to read, right now, in this moment.
beautiful.
thank you for finding this poem inside you.

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger Jatin Sethi said...


chocolate day messages

 

Post a Comment

<< Home