life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Friday, May 05, 2006

Poetry Thursday - "a love affair with words"

Okay, so it's actually Friday evening. But I do have a good excuse for my delayed post. Unfortunately, our cable company accidentally clipped our lines for both cable and internet yesterday, and were unable to get us rewired until late this afternoon. So, at last, here is my contribution to Poetry Thursday. Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise, as it gave me a little extra time to think about what I wanted to write. The irony...no matter how much I think about it before I write it, I always write poetry in a spontaneous moment. I never make notes or write bits and pieces here and there...I sit down and usually in about 10 minutes, I've put my piece out there on the paper (or screen). So here it is folks...my love affair with words!

~a love affair with words~

Sensual,
rolling from my tongue
filled with emotions
of love and fury
tenderness and sorrow.
I taste the bittersweet
sensations, vibrations
of words’ empowering kiss.

Comforting,
enveloping like a warm blanket
full of hope and reassurance
on the darkest, coldest nights.
Holding me in safety
as I allow myself to be
lulled and caressed
by words’ soothing embrace.

I feel the sensuality, the comfort,
the sheer beauty of the words
forming on my lips
written on a blank page
held by weathered binding.
And I know that I am bound
in this moment, in this experience
my eternal love affair
with words.

5 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Belle said...

very nice.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Beautifl poem. The last few lines are especially amazing.

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger meghan said...

ooh, this made me shiver! It seems like words love you as much as you love them - you are an amazing writer!!

glad you are back :)

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

oh i just love it...love it.

thinking about you my dear and hoping you are having a wonderful weekend!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I agree with Megg :) Beautiful!

Love ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home