life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Saturday, December 02, 2006

the most beautiful miracle

Tuesday, November 28, 2006. 11:10 a.m. It was a moment that forever changed my life, and most definitely changed the lives of many others. At this exact moment, a precious baby girl was born, 29 days early, tiny but perfectly formed. On an unexpected morning at an unexpected time, God brought this beautiful miracle into our world, to grace our lives, to fill us with faith and hope and more gratitude than ever imagined.

I cannot form the words to explain what it feels to be in the presence of a miracle. To witness God’s grace and divine work in such a personal way. To hold this perfect baby girl in my arms and know that there is no explanation other than God.

I cannot form the words to describe how deeply a heart can be touched by the birth of a child. I cannot describe the feeling of falling in love with a beautiful little girl in the first hours of her life. I cannot tell you the pride that swells as you watch your best friend, her newborn daughter feeding from the breast of sustenance. Or how it feels to catch a glimpse of a beautiful mama admiring the sleeping child resting against her skin. I cannot begin to explain the mesmerism of not being able to take your eyes away from the exquisite perfection of this beautiful baby girl.

I wish I could find the words to describe these moments, these experiences, these feelings…but no words can do justice to the past few days. All I can say is that my heart is overflowing with love. I am so blessed and so very thankful for my best friend, for her husband, and now for their daughter.

It was six years ago that I met my best friend. From the first night and our first conversation, we became friends. As the months passed, friends became best friends and then best friends became soul mates and then soul mates became family. When she married her husband nearly five years ago, I opened my heart to him and he also became family to me. Four days ago, God gave them this beautiful miracle, and in that moment, I opened my heart even wider and this precious baby girl became my family as well.

Though I cannot find the words to tell you how incredible this whole experience has been or the excitement I feel at watching this baby girl grow more and more each day, I can tell you the promises I have made to my best friend, to her husband, and to their daughter. Promises to love this sweet girl every day of her life, to make sure that she knows how deeply and unconditionally she is loved. And promises that this little family, a part of my family, will live in my heart with every step taken on this journey of life.

Welcome to the world, baby girl! Your Auntie Tara loves you more than words can say!!

4 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful, td... as always. baby girl and mama baylor are so blessed to have you in their lives. we all are. you love others so easily and so obviously. thanks for sharing your miracle from last week.

 
At 2:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! What a gift to be able to be there!! That little girl will be so blessed to have you in her life - enjoy every single moment of this precious time!!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger GoGo said...

you can hear the love.

Congratulations. Bless her new journey.

 
At 3:35 AM, Blogger daringtowrite said...

Wonderful news! Sorry to be so late reading it. What a wonderful aunt you are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home