life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day...a reminder of love

I have never been the biggest fan of Valentine’s Day. Not that I have ever been that "anti-Valentine" girl, bitter and irritated by the outpouring of others’ romantic displays. But it just has never been much of an event for me. To me, it is just another day. One that gives us all a justified excuse to be sweet and mushy and smother our loved ones with hugs and kisses. But to me, it is not that different from any other day. I believe in being sweet and mushy whenever the mood strikes. I believe in smothering loved ones with hugs and kisses as often as I can. I believe in the romance of small, simple gestures of love and whispered words of adoration in the most unexpected moments. I believe that loving each other, and showing this love, and speaking this love is vital in daily life, not just on Valentine’s Day.

So for me, today is just another day, another opportunity to remind those around me of the love in my heart. A day that encourages us all to focus on the small, sweet gestures. The warmth of fingers brushing against a cheek, a gentle kiss on the forehead or nose or lips, a hug from behind. A simple poem taped to a bathroom mirror. A phone call in the middle of a busy morning. It is truly those small gestures that show the greatest love.

Not because it is Valentine's Day, but because it is a reminder...I want you all to know that I wish you love and happiness every day throughout the year. To my precious tribe of blogging sisters, I love you dearly. You are my constant inspiration, images of beauty and strength scattered about this world. To my loving parents (who continue to read my words and continue to encourage the expression of creativity and love in my daily life), you are my heros, a shining example of all that is good and true in this world. And to anyone who happens upon these words, my hope is that you all may know the incredible experience of love in this lifetime.

4 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one of my favorite things about you, tara dawn.... how much you love the people in your life. And all your wonderful hugs and "touchiness".... it is not possible to be around you and not feel loved. You radiate affection all the time. Love you, sweet friend... and Happy V-Day to you and your man.

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so glad our paths have crossed, td...hopefully in real life soon...xo
ruby

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing sweeter than a Toad Frog, especially one who has a talent for writing and making others happier with her words. Happy Valentine's Day!!

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Back at you sweetie! HUGS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home