life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

"feels like home to me..."

I like the flow of my life these days. The little things, those moments that take my breath away, leaving me awed and grateful for so many blessings.

After a productive but relaxed day yesterday, the boyfriend and I shared a nice healthy dinner sent by his mama. As I sat on the couch, uploading pictures, enjoying the background noise of "24" and the Golden Globe awards, I looked around and realized this finally feels like home.

The boyfriend laid out on the floor, the puppy snuggled against him. The periodic looks "just because", those ones where happiness seeps from every pore of his body and I am reminded how good we are together. My heart skips another beat when our eyes connect, his smile speaking louder than the whispered "I love you's". He brushes my hair, his rough manly hands becoming gentle and nurturing as he smooths the stray strands away from my face, his fingers lingering against the warmth of my cheek.

Later, I lay back, cushioned into a haven where the pillows caress my back. The soft wool of fuschia and indigo weaves through my fingers, across bamboo needles, each loop forming a new connection, another fragment of love embedded in this gift I am creating. The boyfriend lies next to me, quiet, content with his book in hand and the dim lamplight. Even the pups is quiet, stretched out between us, his baby snores the soothing background of an unknown lullaby. It is these moments, filled with peace, the quiet a comfort, a blessing.

As I looked around, I realized I finally feel at home.

2 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that song "Feels Like Home"..... I just checked out the lyrics again, and girl, if that's how you feel with D, how lucky you are! That is a precious, cozy song that fits perfectly for your words here. Exciting news.

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so glad that you are posting regularly again...and i like to hear how cozy your life is of late. send me an email and tell me more about this new love of yours. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home