life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Thursday, January 18, 2007

choosing...and here I am

For quite a while, I stopped making the time to come here and write. I choose to say that I "stopped making the time" because truly that is the way life goes. I could say that I've been too busy, but the reality is that life is always too busy. We have to CHOOSE to make time in our lives for those things that are important to us. I have frequently been asked the question of how I manage to do so many social/creative/free time things when my daily life is so full of school and work, reading textbooks and writing reports, attending meetings and seeing patients. I often get asked how I possibly find the time or energy to spend time with Dakota (the pup) or David (the man) or "the girls" (my dear friends). I get asked how I find the creative energy to write blogs after hours of report writing or how I found the time for dance classes and pottery classes and TV nights of American Idol and Grey's Anatomy.

The answer to all of these questions...how do I find the time? How do I find the energy? I MAKE it! That is the only way; the only way to live my life the way I want, to protect myself from professional burn-out, to keep myself relatively sane amidst too much chaos. I make the time.

And so I decided not so long ago that it's about time I start making the time again to come here on a regular basis. To write about my day or my thoughts or my feelings. To share stories or memories or dreams. To read your words of inspiration and beauty, learning more of the stories of your lives, the daily happenings, the struggles, the hopes. To be reminded of this tribal sisterhood that has carried me through the blackest nights and danced with me under the brightest sunbeams. To realize, to know, that we are all walking similar journeys in this life.

And so here I am...I am back, and I am determined to stay for a while.

2 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tara Dawn,
I enjoy your writings so much. I wish I had the talents you do. So many. Writing, singing, playing the piano, potery, painting, kniting, dog careing.
I am proud of my Toad Frog.

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANKFUL for this choice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home