life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

being thankful

My foggy head has finally begun to clear after days of excruciating pressure and dizziness. The sky’s brilliant blue was a bit brighter this morning and the wind felt refreshing upon my face. The tiny blooms of sunshine yellow and vibrant purple seemed to take center stage in their dance with the array of white and periwinkle buds. With a newfound (or refound) energy and a sense of excited hope, I opened my arms and embraced the world today. Of course, I needed an extra long nap after my adventures with the world. But no complaints…after widely opened eyes that saw pieces of beauty on every corner, I was happy to close my tired lids and retire to a dreamfilled slumber.
And now here I am, sitting before this blank screen and wondering what it is that I am being urged to write tonight. I feel a need, a desire, to write. But I cannot quite touch the very core of my rambling thoughts. In reality, I am filled with a sense of gratitude, a feeling of returning serenity and diffuse satisfaction. And so, I will send my gratitudes out into this world.

Today, I am thankful for:
-feeling better physically and having more energy
-the wonderful female friendships I have (both old and new)
-the opportunities I have been afforded to pursue my dreams (at least some
of them) and the courage and confidence I have gained through this pursuit
-my incredibly supportive and encouraging parents and sister
-my boyfriend that is so open in his communication with me and always eager to
work towards greater growth, both within himself and within our relationship
-my soon-to-be new home, with its stone fireplace to warm me in the winter and
the blooming yellow flowers that are already adorning the expansive back yard
-the inspiration I get from reading the words of such brilliant and talented writers
(both through books and the world of blogging)
-the enormous piece of artwork I purchased a few weeks ago, that sings to me each
day of raw honesty and unique beauty
-the emerald green of the river’s waters today as I passed across it on yet another
journey (the Chattahoochee’s waters are typically brown)
-the hopes and dreams I have within me…for tomorrow and the next day and the
next month and the next year and…
-the feeling of being alive

What are you thankful for today?

8 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Honestly, at this moment I am just greatful to just be sitting here typing!

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger meghan said...

Lovely list! I'd like to add that I am grateful for you!! xo

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Somnambulist Seeker said...

I am thankful for my life.
I am thankful for my family.
I am thankful for my friends.
I am thankful for help from above.

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Great entry! So upbeat it's infectous :) Love the list!

I'm thankful for my husband
The creativity I have uncovered
My new supportive blog team
The health of my loved ones
No pain

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger HoBess said...

I can feel the sunshine in your post. I am thankful for your insights; for this home of mine, so filled with love; for a husband who is my best friend; and for the rain which today is erasing winter's hold and bringing out the green all around me.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Jessie said...

awesome list tara! i'm thankful that you reminded me to be thankful! :)

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger GoGo said...

I love the way you wrote with color. It makes me want to get out the colored pencil and draw an abstract with the pallette you've used.

Thank you.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Dana said...

I am thankful for you always!

xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home