life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

"I will not die an unlived life..."

"I will not die an unlived life.
I will not live in fear
of falling or catching fire.
I choose to inhabit my days,
to allow my living to open me,
to make me less afraid,
more accessible;
to loosen my heart
until it becomes a wing,
a torch, a promise.
I choose to risk my significance,
to live so that which came to me as seed
goes to the next as blossom,
and that which came to me as blossom,
goes on as fruit."
-Dawna Markova

8 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Jessie said...

This is an absolutely beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing it.

Thank you also for the comment you left on my blog. I felt like I was being extremely cheezy by posting the collage and stories. Why is it that we are so often our harshest critic? I guess I need to remind myself of the things this poem has to say more often. My favorite line is "to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing." Sometimes I feel that if I could set myself free I would turn into a bird--but there I go getting all geeky again. :)- But thanks Tara--for being open.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Sky said...

I did not know this author and thank you for the introduction. I love the graphics on the cover of her book by the same title. Beautiful poem, Tara.

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger daringtowrite said...

Sounds like a motto well worth adopting. Thanks for introducing it to me.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Dana said...

I love this poem. I hadn't head of this poet either. But I plan on printing this out and adding it to my book! You always find the most beautiful things to add to my life and this is just one of the many countless things I love you for!

xoxo

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Oh my! This is beautiful! I've never heard my own mantra put into such a beautiful composition. We should all live as if we were dying, so we can truly live. I'm so lucky in this way :)

Thank you,
XXOO

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger TJ said...

It has been awhile since I read that...it is so good.
I am TJ and Tammy invited me to your journal.
Nice to see your journal.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger georgiacoast said...

It's not the length of our lives but the depth of our lives that is important. Awesome Tara...

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is moment by moment. So take each one an grasp it, enjoy it,love it and dont let the past hold you back from all there is in life. Simply stop and open your eyes an look how great it is.
The poem reflects what I live.
NOW...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home