life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

until night falls

It was easier to feel the anger. The anger fueled me, kept the tears at bay, kept the sadness from taking over every ounce of my body. But the anger is no longer here…no longer my confidante, my companion, my ironic solace. I am left with nothing but sadness and doubts, fears and anxiety, question upon question, and an endless stream of tears. Nights are the hardest. When the sun sets and the sky turns shades of midnight blue and then black, when the fireflies can be seen…these are the moments when I feel the pain crushing me over and over again. Waves of pain engulfing me, threatening to swallow me whole. The tears wrack my body until I am left gasping for breath, and yet terrified of breathing, terrified of living without him. This house, once my haven, now haunts me. Each corner breathes of memories. I stumble into a room and find a cup filled with the remnants of sunflower seeds and another piece of my heart breaks. I lay in bed at night, no puppies to warm my feet, no goodnight kiss, no “I love you”, nothing except the emptiness. I pray for sleep, for forgiveness, for guidance, for comfort. I pray until I believe that I am not alone within these walls. I pray until I can catch my breath. I pray until my swollen eyes fall heavy. And then thankfully, at some point, sleep will arrive, bringing the warmth of oblivion until the next morning. And then I awaken, still struggling to breathe, still trying to find my way out of the darkness. All day I stumble and fall, pick myself back up and continue on. Until night falls…

9 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry Tara, my heart is breaking for you. I was emailing you and this post popped up. Now I know and feel so helpless. I'm here for you anytime and re-sent phone number if you need it. My prayer is for your heart to mend.


Much love
XXXOOOO

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my heart aches for you, tara...i know this is incredibly painful and overwheming. i'm so sorry you're going through this...know that i'm here for you (and i'll send a detailed email soon). hang in there, sweet one.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger kerry said...

my heart goes out to you... i'm wishing cleansing exhales and slow, gentle breathes of healing to come your way soon. keep writing. take care.

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Dana said...

You, my love, are going to be okay! We know that it is going to SUCK before it can get better...But you are not alone and I LOVE YOU and will do anything for you! COME DOWN!

xoxo

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger TJ said...

Oh no...such pain. Can this be turned around into something more for you? You must try, try hard. The time is a push...push forward.
Love to you.
TJ

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Jeannette* said...

I'm hoping for great things to come into your life Tara and wishing you well in this time of healing. Keep shining your beautiful light. I'm always here for you.

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Sky said...

I am so sorry your heart is heavy with pain. I remember how painful it is to grieve for connection which once was happy and safe. Loss hurts. No away around it.

I hope that you will soon be able to embrace the opportunities this separation can offer in learning to find comfort and a safety inside yourself.

Since you were 13, you and I have talked so many times about love and relationships. You invested great intensity in your romantic connections, even at that early age. When breathing becomes difficult, try to remind yourself that you have survived endings. You have made new beginnings.

I hope you will sit awhile with yourself, just you, and not be tempted to avoid or minimize the pain by investing in a new connection quickly. There are many valuable lessons in solitude. Once your confidence in the safety of solitude is established you will have so much more peace to accompany you through life.

I love you. Call me if you need or want to talk. I can see since our talk yesterday that you are moving swiftly through different feelings about this...and the flip-flops will continue for a while. Just roll with these mood changes, knowing the shifts are much like a rollercoaster which will eventually stop rising and falling. x0x0x

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Frankie said...

Oh sweet Tara, my heart is breaking for you, but I also know, with all my heart, that you are strong and brave and wonderful and will get through this. I'm here for you whenever for anything and everything, so don't ever hesitate to ask. Thank you for your honesty. It only adds to your overwhelming beauty. Thoughts and love! xoxoxo

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Alex S said...

I'm not sure whats happened but I am sending you love, A LOT of faith and support. While I have been a bad "bloggie" these last few months every time I come to your blog I am lifted, soothed knowing there are striving, real, kindred souls out there across the many miles. You can ALWAYS call me too-just shoot me an email and I'll email it right back. Having gone through my own personal hell earlier in the year, I just want you to remember that no pain lasts forever. As I am squeezed out of the last grief stages, I am amazed to be here, glowing, excited about life again, and I KNOW you will too, no matter what you are feeling now. xoxoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home