life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

One Word Wednesday....Echo

Echo…

reverberations against my soul
crossing endless miles
the melodies of Nature’s song
and I feel the vibration.

not the canyon of greatest magnitude
but the footsteps, two pairs, one pair
unworn paths come full circle
and I see my life mirrored

catapulting off gray cement walls
guarding danger, trapping fear
four, six, eight sets of steel metal doors
and I force deafness upon my ears

bitter words of cruelty, deception
haunting, burning through the years
freedom only found when
I hear and then I release

Echo
the sound of the earth
footsteps of a life
danger and fear and cruelty
and I let go
Echo

8 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

i like the way the echo seemed to be a part of the rhythm here...especially in the last line.

echo. that is a fun word to say...echo, echo, echo (i am saying it out loud here)...

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger White Square said...

hi Tara,
your poem brings a lot of imaginative metaphors to express your soul felt feelings about this life and beyond..very original! Loved reading it.
Thanks for sharing...

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger meghan said...

what a great idea!! I am so sorry that I am a few days behind and missed the build-up to this. p.s. thank you for all of your sweet words about Sun. Scribblings. my advice on starting this is to have someone to help you - it can get quite big!!!

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Dana said...

Brilliant, as always!

xoxo

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger HoBess said...

feeling the vibration ... love it!

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Susannah Conway said...

Ooh, your choice of words was perfect for this - so strong. and i'm loving the idea of One Word Wednesday - count me in sweet pea! :-)
Sx

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Powerful and amazing as always :)

XXOO

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Jessie said...

I like your idea Tara for one word wednesday and I love the first prompt! Between you and sunday scribblings--I could get a heck of a lot of writing done.

And I agree with hobess--you can feel this one vibrating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home