life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

the only words i've got...

Each time I sit down to write, the words refuse to appear. The feelings are there, tumbling around in chaotic turmoil, but the words continue to evade me. And so, as I am desperate to write something, I am stealing this meme from Baylor. Until the words can break through the barrier of pain, this is all I’ve got…

GRUB -OLOGY
What is your salad dressing of choice?
Honey Mustard

What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
Arby’s…the chicken salad sandwich is one of my favs

What is your favorite sit down restaurant?
Dante’s Down the Hatch…fondu place in Atlanta, great atmosphere and best food ever!!

On average, what size tip do you leave at a restaurant?
20% - 25%, unless the waiter/waitress really sucks…then I go with 15%...I’m a waitress so I know what it’s like to get shitty tips:)

What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of?
rice

Name three foods you detest above all others.
there really aren’t many foods that I detest…I’m not a big fan of red meat and I can’t eat any dairy, but other than that, there’s not much I won’t eat…oh yeah, and I HATE anything mint, cinnamon, or cherry flavored

What is your favorite dish to order in a Chinese restaurant?
vegetable lo mein

What are your pizza toppings of choice?
soy cheese (or no cheese), pepperoni, and green olives

What do you like to put on your toast?
I rarely eat toast

What is your favorite type of gum?
if gum is considered food, then this would be one I really dislike…it gives me a headache

BI-OLOGY
What do you consider to be your best physical attribute?
my eyelashes…old ladies are constantly asking me if they’re fake:)

Are you right handed or left handed?
right

Do you like your smile?
yes, mostly because when you see it, you know I am happy

Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
tonsils and adnoids at age 1, wisdom teeth at age 20

Would you like to?
there are many days when I wish I could get a stomach transplant to get rid of the pain…but in reality, I guess I’d like to keep all my body parts for now

Which of your five senses do you think is keenest?
definitely touch

When was the last time you had a cavity?
I probably have one (or more) now…we’ll see at my dentist appointment on Thursday.

Do you have 20/20 vision?
definitely not…but I love my glasses (even though I don’t wear them as much as I should) so it’s all good

What is the heaviest item you lift regularly?
probably my purse…I am known for carrying giant bags filled to the brim with everything anyone could conceivably need while away from the house

Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
no, but came close a couple of times….damn those really clean glass doors

MISC-OLOGY
If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
No…I’d spend way too much time worrying about it and not enough time living

If you could change your first name, what would you change it to?
I like my name, but if I had to change it, I’d change to my Daddy and Granddaddy’s initials and be called CJ

How do you express your artistic side?
I’m currently taking a pottery class, which I absolutely love! Additionally, I write (though not much these past few weeks) and occasionally paint. And is knitting considered artistic? Oh yeah, and making jewelry on occasion…and photography….so I guess a little bit of it all!

What color do you think you look best in?
My Mama has always said I look best in bright colors…but I personally love white.

How long do you think you could last in a medium security prison?
I think God gets us through the best and worst of times…so depends on what He thinks:)

Have you ever swallowed a non-food item by mistake?
Not that I recall, though I’m sure I’ve probably swallowed a couple of bugs over the years…I do live in Georgia.

If we weren't bound by society's conventions, do you have a relative you would make a pass at?absolutely not…I love the family, but that is just a completely different kind of love.

How often do you go to church?
maybe once or twice a year

Have you ever saved someone's life?
I haven’t technically saved someone’s life in the sense of resuscitating someone physically, but I keep suicidal people alive each time I work.

Has someone ever saved yours?
There are certainly a few people in this world that have saved mine…during the worst of moments, I would not have survived without them.

DARE-OLOGY
For this last section, if you would do it for less or more money, indicate how much.

Would you walk naked for a half mile down a public street for $100,000?
Absolutely, I am not modest and I am really poor!

Would you kiss a member of the same sex for $100?
sure…see above, I am

Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000?
These questions are coming at a really poor time in my life…but I’d have to think about this one some more.

Would you never blog again for $50,000?
Yes, but then all of you would be getting endless letters in the mail on a daily basis…that could get time-consuming.

Would you pose naked in a magazine for $250,000?
I’m not modest and don’t really care who sees me naked, but I think my parents and grandparents would have a heart attack…and I love them too much, so no.

Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?
No…I draw the line at accepting money for puking. If I can prevent myself from vomiting, you can bet your hiney I will go to any measure.

Would you, without fear of punishment, take a human life for $1,000,000?
100% NO…there is no amount of money that could convince me to kill someone

Would you shave your head and get your entire body waxed for $5,000?
probably not…well I would definitely get my whole body waxed…I would do that for much less…I hate body hair…but shaving my head is another story…give me more money and then I’d consider shaving the head and buying lots of fun scarves

Would you give up watching television for a year for $25,000?
That would be really difficult…can I still watch DVDs? If so, then yes.

7 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super fun. This post made me smile....and laugh...and smile some more. You are too cute.

Glad to see another great post from you :) I had to re-read it several times!

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Loved this sweetie! When blocked do a meme...perfect choice :)

Manny will probably make it...yeah!

Love you
hugs

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Jessie said...

ha! this was a fun meme. i'm glad you're showing up on the page--cuz I miss you!

lots of luv,
j.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

this is great...love all of this my dear.
keep writing. just come here and keep letting it out.

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Sky said...

when a waiter really sucks, why tip at all?! now i am not talking about someone in training who is new, etc., but someone who is simply NOT doing his/her job. i say let 'em learn the way that speaks the loudest - through the wallet.

i am a great tipper when service is good (as it always should be), but when a waiter doesn't do his/her job, i am not going to honor that poor performance with my money!

i say give up television (you can watch most things on-line) and shave your head, then grab a plane and come out for a visit!

big smoochiesss...

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

What a good choice...maybe I need to do a meme as I too am having trouble putting all into words
Hugs and love to you

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger BendingPeak said...

Hey Tara,
Thanks for the recommendation of Dante’s Down the Hatch. I am on a 4 day road trip the northeast to Texas, and Atlanta is my spot of the day today. We are planning on haeding out there just as soon as we get some things unpacked. Thanks again,
Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home