life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

no time for words...sorry for the pity party

There is little time to write these days. Little time to do anything other than pack up belongings, get to doctor appointments, and try my best to make it to school and work when possible.

The past few weeks have been some of the most challenging I have ever experienced. Forcing me to confront issues I would rather avoid. Dealing with unexpected catastrophes and trying to find solutions that seem impossible to find. Worried on a moment-to-moment basis about the future of those around me, and my own future as well.

At the moment, I am in the process of packing up my apartment. After it flooded at the beginning of last week, I spent the past week living in a motel, unable to assess the damages to my belongings, unable to do anything other than wait for the massive amounts of water to be excavated and to hear whether I would be able to return to living in this comfortable little apartment in the city. By the weekend, my patience had waned, thinned to a breaking point and so the weekend was spent house hunting, having decided I could not sit around waiting any longer, my entire life hanging in limbo.

Approximately 60 houses in 2 days...constant phone calls, emails, driving down random streets in search of "For Rent" signs, peeking in windows, appointments with realtors. Then yesterday, finally able to come back into my apartment only to find all my furniture crammed into my bedroom (the one room not damaged) and piled on the balcony. I signed the papers to terminate my lease last night, began packing with the much appreciated help of my "moving crew", and started filling my sister's garage with furniture and baskets of knick-knacks and suitcases of clothes. I will live there for the next two weeks and then move into the precious house I found in a neighborhood only two miles from my sissy and only 40 minutes from the mountains. It will be great once I get there, but stressful and exhausting at this moment.

I have been frustrated beyond words, sad beyond words, terrified on a daily basis, and battling some of the worst depression and anxiety I've experienced since the early days of adolescence.

My heart still breaks for my best friend each day, hearing her voice across too many miles and wanting nothing more than to just leave this city and go snuggle with her and her baby daughter. To bring her even a moment of comfort or laughter. Even through her tormenting grief, she continues to be my rock and my angel..."the flower in my otherwise dead garden".

I received a call yesterday informing me that my ex, still a very dear friend, is now in the hospital awaiting brain surgery. Organs not properly functioning and bleeding in his brain...another waiting game, more constant prayers. Speaking with his mom today and reminding them all that I am here and I love them.

And my own doctor's appointments...a mammagram on Friday, a pelvic ultrasound next week to determine whether they will take an ovary out. It has all proved to be too much...school and work have been put on hold as much as possible in order to get my life, and myself, stabilized again.

No time for more words at the moment. Just a sincere pleading with any of you who read this...please say prayers for my best friend and her heartwrenching grief, for my ex and his deteriortating body and dampened spirit, and for my sister, cousin, and our boyfriends who have been my organization and stability through the entire flooding/motel living/moving process.

And if there is extra room for prayers, please say an enormous prayer of gratitude for the wonderful, loving, supportive people that keep my spirits up and my hopes alive. My parents, David, my best friend, my other dear friends, and my sweet sister and cousin. I could never make it through these days, or this life, without them.

9 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Leah said...

oh tara, when it rains it pours, doesn't it?

i'm sending loads of love to you and all your loved ones. (((holding you in my thoughts and prayers)))

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh tara, thinking of you....xo..

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I'm so sorry Tara! So much to deal with and worry about. Sending prayers, hugs and love. XXOO

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Mayhem And Miracles said...

Tara,

I am so sorry for you having to go through so much all at once right now. I know when you are right in the middle of dealing with everything, the fact that these trials are building your strength is of little help in the present. I wish I lived close enough to haul furniture for you or something. I am so thankful you have strong caring friends around you and a faith in God. I am praying for you and your hurting friends.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger The Dream said...

Tara, I am sorry to read of all that you have going on. I will definitely keep you in prayer - as many others are, as well. This Too Shall Pass - believe.

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger MAHIMA said...

have prayed for you for strength,
for your friend,
for your ex, that he may find support and love and joy in this difficult period.
you will continue to be in my prayers.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Jessie said...

tara, i've been away from your blog and have just come by to finally catch up with you and my heart fell to the ground as i read the past several posts! oh honey, i am so so sorry that you are going through so many things all at the same time. and yet, at the same time, i am amazed by your strength and faith.

i wish i could come and help you right now. i am saying prayers and sending my love.

i am sorry that it took me so long to read these posts. i love you, dear friend!

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger chele said...

Tara...I'm new to this but need you to know that light love and many many prayers are being sent your way and to those you love. THere are no words...

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger The Dream said...

Tara ... miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home