life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

today was a good day

Today was a good day, a productive day, and a day filled with beams of hope shining through the overcast skies. It felt good to mark things off my to-do list, a feeling that I am finally accomplishing something even in the midst of pain. It felt good to talk to friends on the phone and visit with my sister, to make birthday plans and embrace new friendships. It even felt good to drag my tired butt out at 10 p.m. to go to the movies. And it felt really good at the end of the movie (World Trade Center) to be reminded of the goodness that resides in the human heart.

Life may throw us all some curve balls. The days will inevitably come when no light can be found. The tears will certainly flow freely, but you know…so will the wine. And the laughter and the moments when you open your eyes and find yourself in a world filled with beauty.

Right now, I am grateful for the beauty I was able to see today, and the beauty that I am still feeling in my heart.

8 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad things are beginning to look up for you again...you are wise and strong and wonderful...hugs..

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This brought joy in my heart! I'm so glad the move has been good for you and that you are experiencing this transition so fully. I'm excited for this new chapter in your life and look forward to what's to come.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger kerry said...

what a wonderful post... i'm so glad that these small miracles found their way to you and that you allowed yourself to be open enough to let them fill you with some joy. this makes me hopeful just to read about your take on that day for you. i hope more goodness comes your way.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

that is wonderful.

Thanks for making me smile

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Jessie said...

Tara Dawn, your words make me smile.

"The tears will certainly flow freely, but you know…so will the wine." Remember that meme a long time ago and one of the questions was: if you were to paint words on your wall, what would they be? Well, I'd paint those words. You are so right!

Lots of love to you. I'm so happy to hear the sparks of happiness in your words.
:) *still smiling*

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

You go girl! Did I hear birthday plans? Yours? I demand you spill it! You sound good and I'm grinng...:)see?

Big fat hugs and loves

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Alex S said...

Tara! I am glad you had such a day and there will be many, many more days like this!!!! As you said to me when I was in the midst of my pain, I'm here as well if you need someone to call, write, etc. You should come visit us in Portland! The northwest is a great healing balm for the soul. My mom used to say "Now you treat youself to a wonderful day!" as she would drop me off at school and thats stayed with me-so you treat yourself too!

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Dana said...

I can't believe you went to the movies! I am SO proud of you! xoxo

I hope this finds you having another good day! I love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home