life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Thursday, April 26, 2007

wish list for life

**My Life To-Do List: (a list I love and only the beginning)

sew a quilt


learn Italian

climb a mountain (though I think I’ll skip Everest)

learn to crochet

write a novel

publish a book of poetry

travel to every state in the U.S.

travel abroad (top of my list are Italy, England, Greece, and Africa)

design and build my own home (or at least assist in the process)

plant a vegetable garden and eat my very own fresh veggies

meet many of my blogging friends in real life

enjoy exercising (this is quite a stretch for me…no pun intended)

take a cooking class

see the 7 Natural Wonders of the World

get married (and do it right this time)

read all the diaries/journals of Anais Nin

organize a charity event to help orphaned/fostered children

go apple picking in an orchard

cut down my own Christmas tree from an actual tree farm

learn to develop film (which leads to…)


decorate my house with personal photography of meaningful people, places, things (preferably in black and white)

have a part-time job writing a column for a newspaper or magazine

go ice skating at Christmas time in New York City

visit a concentration camp (I know it sounds morbid)

watch my niece grow into a beautiful woman

host an exchange student

go snorkeling (again, a scary prospect)

participate in a race for charity (which will require walking/running…I better work on the enjoying exercise first:)

** Only the beginning…so much more to add as life continues.**

3 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Great list Tara! I've missed you XXOO

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are one inspiring woman.

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger claireylove said...

Thank you so much for the incredibly sweet and thoughtful comment you left on my Finding Water post this week Tara. I haven't visited your site in such a long time and it's great to read your words of wisdom and enthusiasm again ~ it's a great list going on here. You go get 'em :) xox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home