life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Friday, January 27, 2006

beginning my journey

The time has almost arrived for my journey to begin. This journey that I have chosen to take, a journey to confront my fears, a journey that I hope will bring me some sense of empowerment and solace. It is this very journey that I have written about in recent days and weeks, and yet at the time I spoke of a figurative journey. Now, reality has instead presented a literal journey. And so I must embark upon it. Perhaps I could view this as a barrier, another obvious manifestation of my fears. I could choose to allow it to continue to paralyze me, to envelop me in the world of isolation that I have chosen as my comfort in past times. But that is not my choice. Not now, not today. The time has come. I have chosen to make this journey, to confront these fears. There really is no destination for this journey, as it will continue throughout the days and months and years to come. But it is a beginning. And without a beginning, a journey is not a journey.

7 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The journey of facing your fears is a most admirable one! Do not move the way fear wants you too...

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Dana said...

You ARE just like a flower, my friend. The wind may blow and the winter may come...but you are still there...as steadfast as ever.

I love you and will be on your journey with you.

xoxo

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I will pray for you my sweet friend and you are very brave. I'm sending a virtual bubble to protect your heart. I'm here if you need me :)

Bless you
XXOO

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Alex S said...

Hello there! I've been meaning to respond the last 2 days. Thank you for the thought provoking questions and I'm wishing you well on this next chapter of your life. Remember what SARK said, something about imagine all your fears in a Rolls Royce driving away. You can dialogue with your fears, just don't let them have the final vote ! Stay in touch...

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Frankie said...

This is so beautiful! What a wonderful affirmation of life, of the kind of strong, soul searcher you seem to be. I wish you all the best on your journey and I am so endlessly excited to read along while you continue on your way.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger georgiacoast said...

You know how I feel....You're awesome!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger daringtowrite said...

Way to go, Tara! And, I've been meaning to comment on the photo you added to your profile, too. Beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home