life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

it is almost time...

The excitement is building, a bit more each day now. The countdown has begun…only 6 more days till my birthday and 10 more till “moving day”. Despite my hectic work schedule, I have been relishing in my free moments. Packing boxes while the rain pounds the skylight above my head, I have found pleasure in wrapping only the most precious of my belongings…the rest have been sent to Goodwill.

And somewhere in the midst of all the chaos, my creative juices have once again begun to flow. I am finding myself encircled by canvas, brushes, acrylics…brush strokes appearing before there is time to contemplate the result. Lost in the meditation of swirling colors together, patterns of novelty appearing on the canvas.

The afternoon showers find me nestled just inside the edge of the garage, where I can keep dry and yet immerse my senses in the brewing storms. With skies darkening and gusts of wind blowing rejuvenation across my bare skin, I find the words flowing freely into my beautiful new journal (a lovely gift from Ruby).

My fears are quieted by the crash of thunder, each raindrop washing clean the slate of anxiety and doubt. The air is still steaming with heat and humidity, but I can feel the refreshing coolness of autumn just around the corner. A new season, a new chapter…it is almost time and I am ready to turn the page.

11 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tara,
this is a lovely post..hopeful...calming....renewing.
And a birthday on the horizon! Exciting! You'll have to tell us all about it!
sending my love,
jeannette

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, how i miss those southeastern thunderstorms...so excited to hear that your creativity is flowing again and i can't wait to hear about the beautiful things that await on the horizon for you...hugs...

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Aug 20th? How exciting and fun! Will we be seeing these creations? Your card was beautiful and filled with your spirit.

Sending much love!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger kelly rae said...

happy birthday and cheers to the creativity! and i miss the east coast storms, too.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Jessie said...

"patterns of novelty appearing"...mmmm, now that sounds incredible.

this is some full, deep bellied writing--like a beautiful and refreshing storm--I can feel the breath in your words!

lots and lots of love to you Tara Dawn!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Sky said...

oh, a perfect day! we don't have thunderstorms here - and this is one of 3 things i miss about the east coast. another is the change of seasons in autumn...we have so many conifers here in the pacific northwest that we don't have the beautiful shift in color you get. so take a trip to Lake Winfield Scott for me this fall! you will see the appalachian mountains showing off their finery in vibrant red and gold.

the 3rd thing i miss is the people - my friends, my sister, and you! :)

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

this vein of hope that runs through these posts expands my heart a bit. thank you for that.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger BendingPeak said...

I am glad to hear that things are turning around in your world. I wanted to let you know that I was in Atlanta and went to The Varsity and the fondu place you recommended!
Thanks,
Heather

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger GoGo said...

Woo Hoo for the birthday and the move. What a gift!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Oh so exciting.

I am so happy for you dear one.

Love to you

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger meghan said...

Hope you had a wonderful day and I HOPE that the packing is cleansing and exciting - what a new chapter you are heading in to - love to you my friend!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home