life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

hanging changes

There's a pleasant chill in the air tonight, only the slightest hint of a cool breeze and yet it is enough. Sipping a mug of steamy herbal tea, I can feel the changes hanging heavy in the air around me. I am finding moments of peace in the solitude, pleasure in the silence and darkness of the night. Even as the chaos of a new semester lurks just beyond the darkness, I can still sense goodness on the path before me. I am eager for the change of seasons, excited to watch the abundant green foliage gradually turn to shades of crimson and gold. Eager to watch the leaves float downward in their dance of freedom, eager to drive to the mountains and hike across trails with leaves crunching underfoot. So much change I can feel in the air, so much goodness, and yet it is not quite here yet. So for now, for tonight, I will sip my herbal tea, let the cool breeze tickle my bare skin, and dream of the coming changes.

8 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger kerry said...

you've made me want to sip tea and dream too. thanks for reminding me to look forward to the good this new season and semester may have the potential to bring. autumn does seem like an appropriate time to set intentions for change, now that i've read your post. i hope they are fruitful for you.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Jessie said...

aaahhh, *sigh*....your night sounds lovely TD. cool air, herbal tea, the promise of good things to come. i am so happy for you and am sending a big hug. the idea of hiking on top of crunching leaves in the mountains sounds like a little piece of heaven. you've got me day-dreaming. ;)

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

It's so good to see you posting because I have missed you. I'm glad you are doing well and ready for school.

XXOO

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Sky said...

hope you will take a trip near my favorite places. take a friend and have breakfast or lunch at the dillard house near clayton! yummyyyyyy!

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been sipping my tea too...trying to start the school year off right -- hoping you are getting along okay...

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger meghan said...

what a hopeful and warm post. I am so excited for you that you are looking forward and being cared for by a cup of tea. I'm sending love and cozy thoughts!! xoxo

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Hey I am sharing in the breeze and the tea. I guess you could say in this moment I am with you in heart and soul.

I look forward to the fall as well - it is so much easier to chase my toddler around when I am not sweating buckets.

Hugs

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came across your blog through a friend's and will DEFINITELY keep reading. Your honesty is refreshing, and you speak my heart in a lot of your entries. And thank God for your passion to be a psychologist... I have been saved by therapists in my life, especially my current one. Most healthy and helpful therapeutic relationship I've ever had.... we've still got so much work to do together, but she has faith in me when I don't, and THAT is priceless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home