life as i know it

"...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

living dreams

It’s early here, the sky a dull, pale gray, barely lightened from the darkness of the night. The moon still hangs in a luminous sliver as the hidden sun rises behind the clouds opposite its counterpart. Even the birds are quiet this morning, burrowing into their nests, singing ever so gently and sparingly. The air is crisp and cool at 66 degrees, a chilly morning in September. With heavy eyes, I sit here in my sweatshirt, the damp breeze refreshing on my sleepy skin.

It is the moments like this one that remind me of all the beauty in the world. It is these moments that have begun to come more frequently in these past couple of weeks, reawakening my senses, offering more hope with each passing day.

I have not written much lately (or at least I have not posted very often) and for a while, I wondered what reason lay beneath the paucity of my words. I questioned whether is was the changes in my schedule, the adjustments to new ways of spending my days and nights, or was it simply that I had nothing to say? I know now why the words have not been coming as often…rather than writing, I have been living.

Of course writing and living can coexist and often do, even in my world. But lately, my world has begun to evolve…the words manifesting in actions or conversations, the solitude captured in moments of peace when no action is even necessary.

The seasons are beginning to change and I am still dreaming of falling amber leaves and weekend trips to the mountains. Of sitting fireside in the company of new friends and old, warming my body, coffee by morning, red wine by night. I am still dreaming of wrapping myself in chenille blankets as I get lost in books, reading stories of other lives and other places. But it is not all dreams these days.

As I sit here in the early morning, as the birds’ songs become more audible and the breeze quickens for just a moment, I am aware that even right now, I am living my dreams.

8 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a beautiful post!

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely. It really sounds like you are in a good space Tara. Your descriptions of Fall are illustative tinctures for my soul :) I actually feel as if the warm weather here is magically transpiring into shades of golden vegetation and making room for more quieted temperatures!

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Susannah Conway said...

i want to live my dreams too... you inspire me sweetie. hugs to you x

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Sounds like you're in a good place in your life. I like hearing that you are living it :)

Hugs

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Jessie said...

I've got shivers! :)

(beautiful writing Tara Dawn.)

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger GoGo said...

Woo Hoo for living your dreams. Thought I'd check in and see if you were doing just that. :O).

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love this time of year, too.

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

td, i don't even know what to do with these posts. i'm in the midst of reading your archives... and I feel like I'm reading a good book that I can't put down. Your words literally make my chest ache, my heart knot up in a fulfilling but yearning sort of way. I can't describe it. Sometimes it makes me want to cry... and sometimes I feel so at peace... and sometimes I just want to crawl in bed and REST with myself, closing my eyes and being OKAY and at peace inside. I want to see the world the way you see it sometimes... I yearn for that kind of connection and contentment. I wish I could express what I want to say here, but the words fall short. Just please know that your writing is so REAL, it's palpable deep down in my heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home